During the COVID-19 pandemic ADPH London network has supported DsPH across London to coordinate activities, share learning and best practice, develop resources and provide resilience across the system, including mechanisms for mutual aid.
ADPH London have continued to work closely with partner organisations, in particular Public Health England (PHE), to ensure a coordinated approach to outbreak management, prevention, recovery planning and mitigating the wider impacts of the pandemic including the disproportionate impact on vulnerable groups and BAME communities.
The role of ADPH London in supporting the COVID-19 response:
The following new structures were set up to support the pandemic response:
- Daily sit rep process established to monitor public health resilience across London and provide targeted support if required
- Mutual aid cell to enable redistribution of staff across the system and the onboarding of volunteers and other specialists
- Development of ‘once for London’ resources, such as PPE guides for local authority settings
- Pan-London COVID-19 work programme, to mitigate the direct public health impacts of the pandemic (for example on children and young people or on mental health) as well as on the wider impacts including effect on directly commissioned public health services such as alcohol and substance misuse and sexual health
- Weekly ‘all hands’ webinars with DsPH and system partners across London to share learnings, communicate messages and facilitate peer support
- Support to local authorities with the development of local outbreak control plans (LOCP) through sharing of best practice, guidance documents and scenario testing. A light touch peer review is also taking place to test the plans and support cross border working. A link to all of the LOCPs across London is available here
- ADPH London are developing a position statement and local response to the Government’s COVID-19: review of disparities in risks and outcomes including the actions required to address these inequalities
ADPH London have worked closely with DHSC and PHE to support the roll out of the national Test and Trace programme with London and continue to feed into this programme to maximise local impact.
General COVID-19 and Medical advice:
Government information and advice: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
For health information and advice, use the NHS: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
For life-threatening emergencies, call 999 for an ambulance
To get in touch with the ADPH London team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.